Friday, June 8, 2012

Zucchini Fries- You don't want to miss this one

I have made zucchini fries a whole lot of times for dinner parties, dinner with my family, dinner at home, even for a hearty snack! And every time someone new tries them, they ask for the recipe. So here you go!

*I used a yellow squash this time because I've found that it tastes almost exactly the same, or maybe better to my taste. But you could use either, or.

Ingredients: 1zucchini (or yellow squash)
                  2 eggs
                  2c seasoned bread crumbs (I like to add a little garlic salt to my bread crumbs)
                  1/4c flour
               
You'll also need tin foil, a baking sheet, and a gallon plastic bag.



Cut your squash in half and then those pieces in half again. Then slice them into fry like pieces. Put the flour in plastic bag, and put all the fries in the bag and shake it like crazy! Wisk the eggs and put them in one bowl and put your bread crumbs in another.




* preheat the oven to 425f 

Put the foil on the baking pan. Coat the fries in the eggs then in the bread crumbs. Place on the baking sheet very neatly in rows so you can fit way more on the sheet.




Bake at 425 for 12 minutes. Take out, plate, and serve! 

Mary gives this recipe two thumbs up.


1 comment:

  1. Well now, that's a new one on me. I have never heard of such a thing but it looks good. After we get through the mess of this weekend I think I will give this one a try. (good job with the photos too!)

    ReplyDelete